3D-Biomechanics Analysis & Musculoskeletal testing with motion capture technology
Run3D 3D Biomechanics Analysis & Musculoskeletal testing – ‘Gold Standard’ Gait Analysis.
Treat injuries, run faster, move better!
Every year how much time and money do we spend on running shoes which we think are going to ‘make you a better runner’ or ‘get you to become more active’? Yet, how many of us invest in our biomechanics and musculoskeletal selves to make meaningful long-term changes and avoid repetitive injuries?..
Introducing 3D-Biomechanics Analysis and MSK Testing using motion capture technology (for everybody and at any level of activity).
- Overuse injuries
- Recurring injuries or constant niggles
- Attempted different clinics but nothing has worked
- Undiagnosed pain
- Having to continually go for regular treatment without getting to the the root cause of the problem
- Seen multiple clinicians for injury with no solution for the problem
- Goals to get into exercise or running
- Training for an event
- Not just for runners
Interested yet? Call for more info or read on
- Advanced 3D gait analysis to accurately determine the root-cause of injury.
- Objective running technique advice and real-time gait retraining to correct biomechanical issues.
- Quantified musculoskeletal testing to identify strength deficits and test joint range of motion.
- Evidence-based rehabilitation, unbiased footwear advice, data-driven injury prevention recommendations
- A critical evaluation of running gait to objectively identify any issues detrimental to performance.
- Objective musculoskeletal testing to determine deficiencies and asymmetries in strength, flexibility, and neuromuscular control. Relate these back to your movement patterns and injury.
- Quantified gait retraining to scientifically improve running technique and efficiency.
- A complete biomechanical profile
- High-specification infrared Vicon cameras analyse running motion in three planes.
- For all ability levels from complete beginners, C25k, Park Run runners, recreational runners through to professionals).
- Identify abnormal gait patterns or running styles and how to improve these.
- Returning to running post injury.
- Targeted treatment plans for effective improvements, overcome re-occurring injuries, sprains or muscle tightness.
- Simply keep going and enjoy running for the long-term.
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Hamstring tendinopathy
- Gluteal tendinopathy
- Hip Bursitis
- Hypermobile feet
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Knee pain Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Ball of foot pain
- Heel pain
- Tibialis Posterior Tendinopathy
- Midfoot pain
- Ankle sprains
- Shin splints (MTSS)
- Calf pain and recurring strains
- And more!
- Client set-up
We attach small reflective markers to your pelvis, leg, knees and shoes, positioned on specific anatomical landmarks.
Using the same technology as specialist orthopaedic hospitals and elite sports performance centres, our infrared cameras measure the position of these markers 200 times a second and use the data to create an accurate 3D model of you walking and running.
- The 3D-gait analysis
You walk/run on the treadmill and we quantify how you are moving in real-time.
We accurately measure the 3D movements at your pelvis, hips, knees, and ankles, and compare your results to a database of uninjured controls in real-time. This enables us to immediately identify any asymmetry and abnormal patterns in your gait.
- Musculoskeletal testing
We carry-out a series of objective clinical tests to quantify your strength, joint mobility, alignment and function.
By combining the results of your gait analysis with the musculoskeletal tests, we have all the information we need to understand how and why your body is moving the way it is.
- Practitioner data analysis
Using our expert knowledge, we review your report in our own time, to fully understand the results. We then put them into a simple to understand report highlighting the key areas to work on.
- Client returns for results
The 3D-gait analysis enables us to understand the cause of your injury, which is the first step to an effective and long-term rehabilitation plan. The treatment options may include gait re-training tips, orthotics, footwear advice, a strength & exercise plan, education, pain management, load management, injection therapy, Class IV Laser therapy, Shockwave therapy, referral on to a consultant or for imaging e.g., MRI or x-ray. Work closely with us to achieve your goals.
*The only place this service is available throughout the Midlands and Warwickshire is at RS Podiatry Clinic.