Podiatrists are experts in lower-limb and foot related problems. At RS Podiatry we are members of the Royal College of Podiatry and are registered with The Health and Care Professions Council.
Mr Rick G.S. Cheema
Sports, Biomechanics & Musculoskeletal Podiatrist BSc.Hons Podiatric Medicine, PgCert, RCPod, HCPC. Reg.
Member of the Royal College of Podiatry
Welcome to RS Podiatry Clinic!
Being a Podiatrist I see a variety of problems related to pain in the foot, ankle and lower limb. As a practitioner I work closely with my patients to deliver the very best treatment using an evidence-based approach.
My main work is in the field of podiatric biomechanics, sports & musculoskeletal podiatry with a particular focus on running injuries, heel pain and Achilles Tendon pain. We offer a specialist shockwave treatment service as an evidence-based and effective treatment to help with such injuries as well as providing an advanced clinical gait analysis service and exercise plans.
We see patients from the surrounding running clubs, dance schools, Coventry Rugby and Coventry City FC for various foot, ankle and knee related issues. We have excellent referral networks with many private and NHS clinics and are always looking to build on these.
We are members of Gait & Motion Clinics and we have a strong focus on using the latest pressure and force mapping technology to analyse foot function in greater detail (https://rsscan.com/). Where required we combine this analysis with the latest in 3D-printed Phits Orthotics – as worn by elite runners and athletes but made accessible to our patients. Our orthotics are specialist & uniquely designed devices. These are based on detailed biomechanical analysis of foot function and actual dynamic gait parameters not just a static plaster cast (traditional method).
Using the latest technology allows us to understand the problem better, engages our patients with their findings and results in a strong platform for successful patient outcomes.
Our work also has a large focus on strength and conditioning (for all ages & abilities) as an underlying basis to a personalised treatment plan. Where warranted, injection therapy can also be offered.
If you are willing to work with an individualised treatment plan, are motivated for self-improvement, after a highly professional and forward thinking practice who are always looking to improve, then RS Podiatry Clinic is for you!
- Post-grad Certification (& masters modules) in Musculoskeletal Conditions of The Foot & Ankle, specialising in heel pain.
- Part of the medical team for the Common Wealth Games 2022
- FIFA Diploma in Football Medicine 2021
- Year long course specialising in running related injuries and advanced gait analysis
- Further courses in advanced walking biomechanics and gait analysis
- Local Anaesthesia administration
- Prescription Only Medicine (POMs)
- Member of The Royal College of Podiatrists
- HCPC Registered Practitioner
- Trained in Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
- Certificate in introductory foot and ankle musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Additional courses in advanced running analysis and gait re-training
- Courses in Strength & Conditioning
- Course in managing ‘Athlete Load Management’ (Dr Tim Gabett)
- Emergency Life Support Training
- Clinical Biomechanics (Staffordshire University)
- Phits Orthotics Expert
- Kinesiology/Rock Taping
- User of the FootScan system
- Qualified in mobilisation and manipulation
- Winner: Best Specialist Podiatry Treatment Clinic- West Midlands 2021 (2021 Fitness and Nutrition Awards)
- Winner: Podiatry Clinic of the Year 2021/2022
- Winner: Biomechanics Clinic of the Year – UK 2022 (Private Healthcare Awards)